You know, I really, really wanted to blog every single week. I wanted to blog with meaning and sincerity, talking about noble and truthful things. A good thought, for sure, but what I have found is that I am not moved to write lofty ideals every week. No, it isn't that I get all down and gloomy, it is just that things happen, schedules change and stuff gets in the way. Could be called life, what do you think? So, today, I am moved and I want to share some thoughts...
Is It Complicated?
Is life all that complicated, or do we make it that way. Some simple concepts have been around forever and still seem to work.
1. Be the best person you can be. Yep, try to take the high road.
2. Be kind.
3. Take time to be grateful. This is so important. Gratitude wipes out a lot of junky thoughts..thoughts that really don't improve your life, but lead right back to other downward spiraling thoughts that just perpetuate a feeling of dissatisfaction.
4. Give it your all -- don't hold back your best efforts - in anything.
5. Think about other people -- oh yeah, and put them first sometimes. Make the phone call; write the caring card; do something nice and don't expect anything back. Connect face-to-face; take time to build relationships.
6. If you get angry, take a breath and look at both perspectives -- your own and the other person's.
7. If you don't like something, try to change it.
8. Make life about more than your job -- realize it does not define you, but incorporates your values, talents and passion.
9. Take time to do things you enjoy -- nature, art shows, theatre, walking on the beach, shopping (within reason), movies, golf, conversations, dinner parties, redecorating... and the list goes on.
10. Talk to the people you enjoy -- have real conversations. Let go of the relationships that make you feel bad about yourself -- those negative people that sap your energy.
11. Don't put off the difficult conversations -- hurt or angry feelings build up.
12. Don't keep emotional score; don't be an emotional vampire. Sorry, but it isn't always about you.
13. Do something creative -- it is fun, offers an immediate sense of accomplishment and lasts.
14. Figure out your own thoughts on spirituality.
15. Love yourself and loving others will be a natural consequence.
16. Help others, through donations, charity work or service.
Not so much...
Well, there you have it. Not so complicated is it? We are meant to live a life we enjoy. I think we make it hard on ourselves sometimes. I hope these ideas are helpful to you.
Wishing you joy,